The European Blind Union, as the European NGO representing blind and partially-sighted people in Europe, invites nominations for the fourth edition of the “Vision for Equality” Award. The award, which consists of a certificate and a piece of art by a visually impaired artist, will be presented in 2019 on the occasion of the EBU General Assembly.
The Award is granted to European organisations, institutions, policy makers, enterprises or individuals in recognition of their commitment and ongoing endeavour in the defence and promotion of the rights and improvement of the living conditions of blind and partially sighted people.
European organisations, institutions, policy makers, enterprises or individuals should be nominated who have proactively worked towards:
- Recognizing the specific needs and aspirations of blind and partially sighted people and their full social inclusion.
- Promoting the full participation of blind and partially sighted people in all aspects of life (e.g. through equal access to education, vocational training, employment, goods and services, ICT, leisure activities, etc.)
- Devising and/or successfully implementing proposals for the removal of cultural, social, economic, political or architectural barriers hindering equal opportunities for blind and partially sighted people.
PROCEDURE & GUIDELINES
- Anybody can nominate any individual or organisation by filling out the appropriate form (see below).
- Self nominations are not allowed.
- Persons or organisations mentioned as references should have given their consent.
- Nominations for the Award should reach the European Blind Union by 1 April 2019.
- The selection of the winning candidate is made by the Jury of the “Vision for Equality Award” whose decision is to be considered final.
- Any documentation attached to the nomination form should be copies as none will be returned.
- Should the candidate reach the final stage of the selection process, the EBU reserves the right to request further information and documentation concerning the candidate.
Please fill out the EBU Award nomination form and send it by e-mail to the EBU Office by 1 April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.