The European Blind Union (EBU) is a non-governmental, non-profit making European organisation founded in 1984. It is one of the six regional bodies of the World Blind Union. It protects and promotes the interests of blind and partially sighted people in Europe. It currently operates within a network of national organisations of the visually impaired in 42 European countries - www.euroblind.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 January 2018
ANTICIPATED START DATE: 1 March 2018
JOB TITLE: Head of EBU Campaigning
JOB SECTOR: Civil society
LOCATION: Paris, France; other arrangements like home-based work are open for discussion.
REPORTING: The Head of EBU Campaigning reports directly to the EBU Commission for Liaising with the EU Chair and to the EBU Executive Director.
SALARY RANGE: €39000 to €43000 yearly gross (including 13th month), commensurate with job experience; + lunch vouchers and complementary health insurance.
CONTEXT: The European Blind Union (EBU) and its network of 42 national members work to protect and promote the rights of blind and partially sighted citizens in Europe. EBU is developing its campaigning activity and is recruiting a person with confirmed skills to coordinate and lead on EBU’s campaigns.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Head of EBU Campaigning will pro-actively coordinate EBU’s campaigning activity - mostly at the EU level - and will lead a number of specific campaigns to be determined.
1/ Coordinating EBU’s campaigning
- Collecting and centralizing information on ongoing campaigns (status, developments, etc.) through direct and permanent contact with the campaign leaders
- Informing the EBU Board, the national members, partners and other stakeholders
- Developing the campaigning potential of EBU and ensuring more active involvement of its members
- Improving EBU national members’ campaigning skills
2/ Leading specific EBU campaigns:
- Collecting data and good practices from EBU national members and any other relevant sources of information
- Drafting policy papers on key issues, including responses to EC consultations
- Coordinating EBU national members’ contributions (responses to EC consultations) and participation in lobbying activities
- Providing lobbying material (briefings, model letters to MEPs, etc) to EBU national members
- Liaising with the EU institutions
- Networking with EBU stakeholders
- Attending policy-making meetings, mostly in Brussels and Strasburg
3/ eCampaigning and Public relations
- Ensuring the coordination of EBU’s eCampaigning, including the overall management of EBU’s Twitter account
- Attending awareness-raising events
- Liaising with the media
PROFILE AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in campaigning or in a related field
- Experience in the areas of human rights, advocacy and disability rights
- European experience a strong asset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Good command of French and of other languages is definitely an asset
- Excellent command of social media
- Excellent knowledge of the EU institutions and of the European decision-making processes
- At least 5 years paid campaigning experience
- Open minded and pro-active
Willing to join our organization and help change the lives of millions of blind and partially sighted persons? Send your CV (Europass appreciated) and cover letter in English to email@example.com by 31 January 2018.