Onkyo World Braille Essay Contest
Results of the 2014 Onkyo World Braille Essay Contest
The European strand of the Contest was once again run by EBU.
The winners were selected from a total of 62 participants from 21 countries. The seven authors of the winning essays receive prizes made available by Onkyo and Braille Mainichi.
The First Prize winner is from Hungary, Anna Fusz, pictured below, who wrote an essay entitled 'Mom's telling tales'.
Anna Fusz, Onkyo first prize winner.
The winning essays are available in .doc format by clicking on the links in the list below.
Otsuki First Prize:
Mom's telling tales, by Anna Fusz (Hungary)
Excellent Works Prize:
Fine Works Prize:
- Life is reading – reading is life, by Annemarie Vit-Meister (Switzerland)
- Life with Braille, by Blerina Shalari (Albania)
Highly commended by EBU:
- Ray, the blind freestyler by Denise Lanfalusi (Austria)
- Living With Braille by Corinne Bianchi (Switzerland)
- Life with Braille by Frrok Gjikola (Albania)