"Employment of Blind and Partially Sighted People - a Key to Inclusion"
The Union of the Blind of Serbia and the European Blind Union are very pleased to invite all EBU Members to the 2021 annual conference themed around Employment and Rehabilitation of Blind and Partially Sighted People. The event on this undoubtedly critical topic will take place in Belgrade, Serbia, in the hotel Mona Plaza, from October 20th to 22nd. It is also an important part of the anniversary celebrations of the Union of the Blind of Serbia, to mark their 75 years of commitment. Discover the draft programme of the conference (updated 21/09). Abstracts of presentations to be made at the conference will be published below as they become available.
If you cannot be present physically, you are welcome and ecouraged to participate online. This is the link to the online conference, which will work during the hours of the conference.
The conference languages will be English and Serbian with simultaneous interpretation.
Travel and local information
Your arrival in Serbia
Generally, people in Serbia have to wear masks in closed spaces and in the public transport vehicles. If there will be something new regarding the arrival measures, we will send the information in due course. Anyway, check if you need the PCR test together with the other necessary documents for the arrival in Serbia, because it is different from country to country.
How to get to the hotel Mona Plaza
When you exit the airport building, you will find a range of official taxis. The normal price is 20-25 euros. There also a site for taxi companies.
The following taxi companies all accept credit card payments;
- Radio Beo Taxi, Telephones: +381 11 241 5555, +381 66 46 01 01 (Viber), wi-fi and card payment in all vehicles.
- Beogradski poslovni, Telephones: +381 63/9801, +381 69 801 0000, +381 69 801 1111, wi-fi and card payment in all vehicles.
- Pink, Tel. +381 65 488 99 77, card payment in all vehicles.
- Naxis, Telephones: +381 11 358 11 11, +381 63 58 11 11, +381 64 222 98 04, wi-fi and card payment in all vehicles, order by twitter; @NaxisTaxi
- Lux, Telephones: +381 11 3033 123, +381 65 3033 123, card payment in all vehicles.
"Nikola Tesla" Minibus transport from the airport is also available, The group can be up to 8 passengers. Contact them via their website, (All fields are necessary: name, e-mail. telephone, Capcha kod, message and send button), You can also contact them at: Mob (Viber) +381 (0) 63 7794529 i +381 (0) 60 6794529, or by email, Working hours: 08:00-20:00
Arriving by car: , thare is a parking space belonging to the hotel. The price for parking is 150 dinars per hour and 1900 dinars per day.
About the hotel
The Hotel Mona Plaza is situated on the lower Dorćol, the street Cara Uroša 62-64, not far from the famous pedestrian zone Kalemegdan and also some 200 meters far from the Library of the Union of the Blind of Serbia.
In accordance with the actual situation in Serbia and in order to prevent the widespread off the epidemic Covid19, we want to inform you about the measures for your safety during the stay in the hotel:
- the whole staff work with masks and gloves
- each table in the bar and the restaurant is disinfected after each guest
- the distance between the tables in the bar and the restaurant is in accordance with the provisions, i.e. 2 metres
- there are footware disinfection barriers at the entrance
- there are disinfection areas in public facilities
- all critical points in the hotel (doorknobs, handrails, lift buttons...)
- the floor is also regularly disinfected
- there are contactless taps and paper towels in the toilettes.
You are requested to where masks and, if possible, gloves, while moving through the hotel. In this way, you will protect both yourselves and others. Hotel Mona Plaza is the winner of the "Clean and safe" certificate, awarded by the Association of the hotels of Serbia "Hores", in cooperation with the touristic organization of Serbia.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming many of you in Belgrade! Please don’t hesitate to get back to us for further questions.
Thursday, October 21
11.30 - 13.00: The presentation of the research of the Union of the Blind of Serbia on the employment of blind and visually impaired persons in Serbia.
Text of the presentation.
15.00 - 17.00: The experiences of 4 EBU member countries, Montenegro, Hungary, Germany and Spain (TBC) in the employment of blind and partially sighted persons. Followed by Discussion.
Text of the German presentation.
Text of the Hungarian presentation.
Text of the Montenegrin presentation.
Text of the Spanish presentation.
17.30 - 18.30: The impact of Covid 19 on the employment of blind and partially sighted persons.
Powerpoint file of Stefan Tromel´s presentation.
Friday, October 22
09.00 - 10.30: The examples of good practice and challenges in the employment of blind and partially sighted physiotherapists - report of the Research by Mr Joël BETTON representing UNAKAM France, member of the CFPSAA (EBU member from France).
Text of the presentation by Joel BETTON, pdf file (30/09)