Campaigns and activities
A Law exists. Law “for encouraging employment”
There are programs to promote employment. But often they are not applied.
There are two categories of persons with disabilities. The first category who have been employed and are entitled to a disability pension. The second category that has not been employed and not receiving a disability pension. The first category in some cases takes two types of income and income from disability due to blindness. Whereas the second category receives payment only due to blindness. Both categories according to the degree of disability when they have major damage and receive payment for custody or for third party assistance.
The obligation of employers
'3. Any employer who employs more than 24 employees is obliged to employ a disabled person for every 25 employees to its staff'.
- If the allowance is means-tested, state under what conditions.
- What is the amount of the allowance given to people with no other income, state briefly how the allowance varies according to other income or resources.
The amount of payment due to blindness is €81 per month.
- State briefly under what circumstances the allowance may be reduced.
This aid is reduced when the blind person has done two years of work.
According to the law 93 of dt.2014 when a disabled person is employed for two years they should be deprived of disability payments. Under conditions where they have worked 174 hours every month.
- In order to compare the situation in different EBU member states, please indicate the minimum wage (if this exists in your country) for a full-time worker, and what is considered to be “the poverty line”.
The poverty line in our country is not specified.
The minimum wage is €157 per month.
- What are the organisations which calculate and attribute the allowance?
These are payments that depend on local govt.
Specify by giving details of the following aspects:
The amount of disability allowance is determined by the degree of skill, and is on average €70-120 per month.
- Who attributes the allowance: State, local government, others, give details.
This gives the state disability pension.
http://www.sherbimisocial.gov.al/ (in Albanian, point: 7 & 8) Nr.2365, date 26.11.2008
For blind students continuing to either secondary school or vocational training, the double payment provided for in paragraph 4 of the Council of Ministers decision nr.277, dated 18.06.1997, is amended, therefore to up to 126€ ALL in one month
For blind high school students, or those who engage in postgraduate studies, or the blind who prepare a "Doctor of Science", degree receive three times the payment due to blindness, as defined in paragraph 4 of the decision of the Council of Ministers no. 277, dated 06.18.1997 (as amended), to up to 190€ per month.
No age restrictions
- Duration of the allowance.
Not more than a year after the normal school cycle
- What is the amount of the allowance?
- Which organisations attribute and pay the allowance:
The State sets benefits which are ten paid by local govt.
- State briefly under what conditions the allowance can be reduced.
NO, Compensation is not taxed.