Campaigns and activities
Disability pension from youth provided to a person who became disabled when he/she was a dependent child.
Upper limit is 26 years; above this age a person cannot be recognized as dependent child. If the disability pension from youth is attributed it is paid without any age limitation.
Permanent residence in the country is required.
- If the allowance is means-tested, state under what conditions.
- What is the amount of the allowance given to people with no other income, state briefly how the allowance varies according to other income or resources.
- State briefly under what circumstances the allowance may be reduced.
- In order to compare the situation in different EBU member states, please indicate the minimum wage (if this exists in your country) for a full-time worker, and what is considered to be “the poverty line”.
The minimum wage is 317 €.
Poverty line is not officially defined.
According to law, the subsistence minimum for a natural person as recognized level of income under which he/she is in situation of material need as is defined 189,83 € for one adult person.
- What are the organisations which calculate and attribute the allowance?
Social insurance agency
Disability pension (invalidity pension)
Specify by giving details of the following aspects:
Disability pension can be attributed from 16 years to elderly pension age (62 years). If it has been attributed, it is paid also after elderly pension age.
A minimum period of social insurance is required which is prolonged with age.
Not means tested
The amount of disability pension depends on income from which insurance was paid and how long it was paid.
At present the average disability pension is 250 - 350 €.
Other incomes like earnings do not influence disability pension, it is not reduced or cancelled due to that income.
- Who attributes the allowance: State, local government, others, give details.
Social insurance agency from paid insurance fees and support from state budget.
No. Specific allowance to compensate the consequences of visual impairment do not exist.
There exist several allowances to compensate concrete consequences of disability of persons with minimal functional impairment rate of 50%.
Due to visual impairment it is possible to receive allowance for the following purposes:
From 3 years
- Duration of the allowance.
No limitation if conditions of eligibility are fulfilled.
For the Slovak citizen: permanent or temporary address
For foreigners - registered permanent address in Slovakia
Allowances are means tested
- What is the amount of the allowance?
Personal assistance - 2,63 per hour
Allowance to compensate increased deterioration of clothes, .. - 17,20 per month
Allowance to cover increased expenses related to care of guide dog - 42 € per month
Allowance to purchase aids is calculated as a percentage of the price depending on income. It ranges between 95 - 50 %. Persons with high income (more than 5 times subsistence minimum) are not eligible for this allowance.
- Which organisations attribute and pay the allowance:
State, local authorities, please give details.
The State through the offices of labour, social affairs and family
- State briefly under what conditions the allowance can be reduced.