We love twos and zeros… joking. Anyway, on Tuesday 22-02-2022 we at the Slovak Blind and Partially Sighted Union organize the EDI conference on accessibility for people with visual impairment under the motto: Accessible Life – More Inclusive Life. It’s not only us who organize this final project conference, but also our two skilled partners: Teiresiás, Support Centre for Students with Special Needs, the Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic and the organization Funka, Sweden. What time? At 9:00 – 11:10 AM as we are not crazy lovers of twos and zeros!
EDI (From Education to Inclusion) is the Erasmus+ project which we have undertaken for the last two and a half years. And now at the end of this interesting project story you can join us as we would like to share with you worth experience gained during our EDI days and sometimes nights, too. So, what is waiting for us? Two hours (as we still love twos:) of an online programme dedicated to accessibility for people with visual impairment in the areas of built environment, transport, information and communication in the context of public administration.
Main topics of the conference:
- We will show examples of good practice in Slovakia and other European countries.
- We will discuss accessibility in your environment.
- We will offer tips and tricks for people with visual impairment how to explain what you need to enjoy all your rights concerning accessibility.
- We will show representatives of public administration what the advantages of being accessible are.
- We will present results of our 2.5-year cooperation in the field of education of local administration staff and leaders with visual impairment in the area of accessibility for VI people and self-advocacy.
Languages of the conference are English, Slovak and Czech (Slovak/ English and vice versa interpretation will be provided). For more information on the project visit our project web page at https://www.unss.sk/edi. The programme of the conference will be released on the project webpage shortly. Should you be interested in this online event, please register as soon as possible – copy this link to your browser: https://tinyurl.com/2p8c5rrb.
Any questions? Do not hesitate to contact our two (must be) colleagues: for practical questions, please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, for content-related questions, please, contact email@example.com. And feel free to share this invitation with whomever is concerned. But, remember, at least two people. Thank you, see you at the conference.
Stanislav Sokol, on behalf of EDI team