Blinda is a project of eight partner organizations from Slovenia, Germany and Croatia: the Union of the Blind and Partially Sighted of Slovenia, Audibook and Jožef Stefan Institute from Slovenia, the German Federation of the Blind and Partially Sighted and the Blista Centre for People with Blindness and Visual Impairment from Germany and Zaklada Čujem, vjerujem, vidim, Udruga MEB and A-Soft from Croatia.
The aim of the project is the development of technology that will enable blind and partially sighted people to easily access audiobooks and other audio content, through the Blinda mobile applications, in accordance with the Marrakesh Treaty.
The main result of the project will be the Blinda mobile application for blind and partially sighted registered users, which will enable them to stream and listen to audiobooks and other audio content independently. The mobile application will also enable cross border exchange of audiobooks.
There are 30 million blind and partially sighted individuals in Europe and most of them need more autonomy in accessing audio books.
During the pilot implementation phase of the project, the registration will be available to eligible users from Slovenia, Germany and Croatia. After the implementation phase is finished and Erasmus+ project is complete, the plan for the future is to offer inclusion to all other EBU member organizations.
The objectives of the project Blinda are:
- to increase the accessibility of learning materials and literature for the blind and partially sighted by providing access to audiobooks and other spoken word content via the Blinda mobile application.
- to equip librarians and mentors who work with the blind and partially sighted with the knowledge, skills and competences to be able to support the use of the Blinda library.
- Conclusion of the project is planned for the end of April 2022
- Start date for user registration is planned for the second half of April 2022
- For more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is funded by the European Union under the Erasmus+ funding programme.